Wednesday 6 December 2023

The Pub Is For Life, Not Just For Christmas

Now here's something rarely, if ever, seen on this blog.  Yes, it's a picture of me!

I was in the Vines enjoying a pint or two of an all-time favourite beer, Oakham Citra.  They also had another of my favourites, Titanic Plum Porter, so I was spoilt for choice.

Despite my tee-shirt, the Vines this evening was much busier than usual, with a surfeit of once-a-year customers clogging up the counter, ordering cocktails, and raising the noise level substantially.  Many Christmas jumpers were in evidence.

As a consequence, my friends and I have cancelled our Wednesday evening get-togethers for the remainder of the year and will be undertaking afternoon pub crawls instead.

Please make sure you support your pubs all year round and not just in the holiday season.  USE IT OR LOSE IT! 

1 comment: