Monday 7 September 2020

Blood Donor's Bonus

I headed into town for my regular call at the Blood Donors' Centre and as I walked down Dale Street I spotted a new bar on the corner of Cheapside.  After donating, I called in to check out the Angus Tap and Grind:

This is a posh cafe bar, serving a good range of cask and keg ales, as well as gins and coffees.  It was ticking over nicely at two on a Monday afternoon.  The waitress guided me to a table and then fetched my pint, it's table service only, and cashless in here.

My pint from Bristol Beer Factory was cloudy (probably intentionally) but had a disappointingly bland flavour for a 5% pale, I was hoping for something more hoppy and tangy.

The modern decor is pleasant, and the entirely glazed frontage gives it a very open feel.

This unit used to be an estate agent, and before that a health food shop (Isn't Google streetview useful!)

On my way home I noted the Shamrock, formerly the Queens, at the back of Queens Square was closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment