Thursday 11 November 2010

The Beaconsfield

I was in town today for a blood donor session, so on the One Pint Out - One Pint In principle I needed to visit a pub.

The Beaconsfield is a basement bar located on North John Street, and I haven't visited since 1998 when it was called Cains and was a pleasant pub concentrating on live music. Now, it's plain but very well cared for, with a lino floor around the bar and on the dance floor, and a raised carpeted area with some very comfortable leather sofas and armchairs. No real ale I'm afraid, the lone highly polished handpump appeared to be purely decorative.

The place seemed a lot smaller than I remember, did I really see Professor Longhair perform in here? There hardly seems space for a band and an audience! There was plenty of room on a Thursday afternoon, though, since I was the only customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment